Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May Socks are Finished!

OK -- these took too long and if any of you are familiar with Crusoe, then you'll know why! The gauge is wrong, so the first one I did 3 times. The second one took 5 days! I did some research on Raverly and read how many other people had trouble with the gauge so I don't fell so bad. Thank goodness for Raverly! Time for the close -up....
I bought this yarn when I was in Skagway at a lovely yarn store called Changing Threads. It had a sister store next door for quilters. My Mom and I were in heaven! This is Glacier from Rabbit Ridge Designs.
Now I need to get my Ampersand and Spiral socks done!

4 comments:

gilraen said...

Your socks are lovely. Very pretty indeed. Good luck with the others :)

Evolution is a favourite but not the favourite, that is reserved for the Lambswool/Angora/Cashmere sock blend. :)

Melissa said...

Love your socks! :)

RenateS. said...

I haven't posted for a while. Sorry. I like your socks. Seems like just about everyone has moved over to Blogger. Have a good week. Renate

Anonymous said...

Wow, a sock in five days.....as someone who yearns to make it through one sock a month, I am very impressed!