Sunday, December 28, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Undercover Club -- remember the monthly shipment of yarn to make 12x12 squares into large blanket? 8 down and 2 to go -- why can't I just finish the darn thing?
Deep Sweater. Back is all done, just 2 small front panels and the short sleeves . Sheeeesh.......
Primavera socks - zzzzzzzzz
Soctoberfest socks -- snoozin'
Sprial socks -- in deep hibernation mode
Valentine Socks -- fast asleep
Rings of fire -- extingused for now
Holiday Carusos -- next to finish after the next UFO listed
Charlie Brown Fall Socks -- almost done!
Gloria Cowl -- yikes!
Gust -- may frog and sell kit
I better log off a knit something......
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Here is my Seven Deadly Spins Greed shipment. Not really my thing, so I would be willing to part with the yarn, patttern for the clutch, beads, lining and clasps for $25. More details here.
I joined the Color-Co-op, but had to cancel even though the yarn is gorgeous.
Friday, December 05, 2008
Well, what do you know - 'tis the season for spreading some love My blog friend Melissa has honored me so in-turn - I need to pass some around.
The Spreader of Love award the rules are:
1. Post a copy on your blog
2. Mention who gave you the award
3. Pass the award on to 6 others
4. Leave a message on their blog letting them know the honor has been bestowed upon them.It's now my honor to pass this loving award on to the following blogs:
Again, this Noro Kuryeon with it's lovely stripes
He has such a sweet little face!
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
A HUGE mug, COFFEE, biscotti, needles (love Hiya, Hiya) a mystery book of which I have not read and some Red Heart Sock yarn for kids socks.
This was my favorite item -- all my colors! Thanks so much Gaylen!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Now I am off to make the "long neck" guy to go with!
Friday, November 21, 2008
These are Blueberry Waffle Socks (thanks Joansie!) knit toe-up using White Oak Studios TV yarn.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
So I ripped the entire thing out -- here is the ruffle. Noro Cash Ihora that I am selling BTW. It equals a little over 2 hanks -- 88g and it is doubled. $12 to include shipping to US.
And here is my Noro Silk Garden that will be knit into this.
I probabaly won't get to it until next year, but it felt good rewind the yarn and have a project already lined up!
Saturday, November 01, 2008
I just love the cube sock project bag!
And Miss Babs dyed the yarn perfectly to match it!
I am doing just a plain ol' sock for this this, and am happy with the way it is knitting up --size 1 Magic Loop BTW. Another vendor I am addicted to is Knitterly Things. Remember my Law and Order Rerun Socks? Well here is a Halloween version. I was incredibly lucky to get this puppy!
Monday, October 13, 2008
I am adding more info for Joansie -- I don't know the pattern -- it's a Mystery KAL for Socktoberfest (see link on the previous entry) Kirstin lists clues every Wednesday and so what you all see is my sock through Clue #2. My needles are Circular 2's.
Have to go get Clue #3 now...........
Friday, October 10, 2008
This is my firist shipment from sKnitches Cinema Sock Club: Twin Peaks in the colorway "I am the Arm"......this is my TLL Socktoberfest Mystery Sock KAL yarn of choice .
It's close up -- I am getting quite a collection of stitch markers.....
Then I ordered this from Ruby Sapphire in the colorway "Noel"
Friday, October 03, 2008
I am in 2 dishcloth exchanges and these 2 will be sent off soon. And this one will be mailed off as well. Just your basic Feather and Fan
I am doing Through the Loops Soctoberfest's KAL and will have a photo soon to share!
About Your Yarn Passion
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn? I only knit and have been for 4 years
2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've wanted to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I use Knit Picks Harmony’s both metal and wood. Straight and circular. I always seem to need 6’s and 7’s
3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others? Socks, scarves, anything NOT LACE
4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? Lots of socks, mittens, scarves with my oldest being a sweater and an afghan…..
5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you? Socks!
6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try? I am not a mohair fan or scratchy felty wool. I like alpaca, merino…
7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand? I like it all – not really earthy tones, more bright – stripes and variegated…
Your Coffee Passion
1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not? Leaded
2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press? Whole please
3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type? Dark and robust – not flavored
4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins? BLACK!
5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine? Taste.
6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Convenience. Eggnog Lattes and Pumpkin Spice, Chai
7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? Thick mug and sitting at my computer or on my daybed in the den.
8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? Biscotti so crunchy and dip able!
All about YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? Reading mysteries and yes I have read all the knitting mysteries!
2. Do you collect anything? Not really, but I like pumpkins – not cutesy.
3. What is your favorite part of Autumn? Cool crisp mornings and warm afternoons, fires, smells, leaves, the change in the light…..
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? Spicy for the house, but lavender for me.
5. Are you allergic to anything? Walnuts and cigarette smoke
6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID?
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Love the stichmarker as well and this yarn has cashmere so it really soft !
My first shipment from the Magnolia Society Fall/Winter 2008 came yesterday from Madelinetosh. I chose the "intense" colorway and this little lovely is called Black Mediera Fig. I love her yarns! My Sock Yarnista Club shipment for The Three Irish Girls came -- this is soooo squishy!
I'm keeping the stitch markers though -lol!
Friday, September 19, 2008
This is White Oak Studion TV yarn in the High Fidelity colorway you may recall from a previous post.
I'm very happy with them -- what's not to love as it's MadelineTosh Sock yarn.
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
2. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using the most? I love the new Harmony Knitpick Needles. I do all my sock Magic Loop style. Are there some you've been dying to try out and haven't? Harmony Straights
3. What kind of projects do you most enjoy? Small things you can take with you, or big complex ones that are just gorgeous when they're done? Both, but I am addicted to socks and cowls at the moment
4. List one pattern for a dishcloth that you love to make, or just tell us about one you've made or received that you loved. I love the Diagonal Ripple and have made it a lot but not for myself.
5. What are your 'must have' notions? Are there any notions you need or can never have enough of? Any that might make you cry if you owned more? No needles protectors please or finishing needles.
6. What are your favorite yarns to work with? Any you hate or are allergic to? I love alpaca and merino. Not a fan of the course, feltable stuff or mohair. Not an arylic or novelty yarn fan.
7. What colors do you like to use in projects? Blues, green, pink, brown. Any we'd never catch on your needles? Orange, yellow
8. Any cottons you'd like to try you can't find by you, or just haven't gotten around to getting? I have used them all I think.
Halloween, Fall, and General Stuff
9. Do you like to use bar soap or shower gel more? Both What kinds of scents do you love? What kind do you hate? I dislike rose and super flowery stuff. I like spicey, ginger, fruit smells. Lavender is my fav!
10. What's more 'Halloweeny' - Ghosts, Pumpkins, or Witches? Ghost and I love skulls! I don't have little kids anymore so I am not a fun of cutsey Halloween stuff - more authentic and scarier...
11. What's your favorite Treat to get? Sweet or Salty? Anything you're allergic to or just hate? I love it all, but no nuts please. I like mint 3 Muskateers, Popcorn
12. What was your favorite Halloween Costume as a kid? As an adult?? As a kid I guess it would be Caspar and as an adult my husband and I went as Sonny and Cher and it was a hoot!
13. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID? jillglove
Saturday, August 30, 2008
My August shipment form Three Irish Girls Sock Yarnista Club "Artic Circle"
And then the same colorway in thier Bulky weight from the Stash Menagerie Club. What I love of the Three Irish Girls Clubs , is that you have 2 colorways to chose from so you get what you want. Next month will be my last shipments as I did decide to The Magnolia Society again. Can't swing both clubs...........
We also got these great stitchmarkers!
I did finish the socks in my last post -- no photo yet but the sceond looks just like the first one.