Tuesday, February 05, 2008

New Socks OTN

Wow! I love this Lorna's Laces sock yarn. It is the 3rd of my many new sock yarn purchases. You have already seen my Zen Heart Socks, the sKnitches Syncopation yarn, and this is Lorna's "Edgewater" colorway. Purchased at the Loopy Ewe.

I had a pattern all picked out and I ripped it back to just let the yarn do the talking. Its my usual technique -- nothin' fancy.

I also got some Duet yarn at the Loopy Ewe and some Regia from Raverly "itchyfingers." My Dyelicious Yarn (Sugar) has not come from Australia yet, nor has my Woolmeise from Germany. I also ordered this other fantastic yarn from the Woolgirl. It will have its own blog entry as its something special!

I am going to start a feature called "Fiber Fridays" where I will post some of my new yarns

I can't stop myself!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm... It even looks yummy, I Love the color!

AmyS said...

That yarn is very pretty. I wore my plain vanilla Lorna's Laces socks yesterday, as a matter of fact. I think the yarn is too pretty to do a patterned sock with, at least any pattern I have yet to find!

Sorry to hear about your migraine - that's what is making me feel ill today. We must be on the same wavelength. I hope we both feel a lot better tomorrow. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jill,

Michelle here, your 360 and Ravelry pal. I started a blog here on blogger just for fiber crafts if you want to check it out. I Love the sock yarn colors! I see your doing it toe up, I’ve not tried that method yet. I still use the top down on double points method but I want to try toe up, two at once on cir. this year. I’ll check back Friday to see your new yarn. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Hi Jill,

Michelle here, your 360 and Ravelry pal. I started a blog here on blogger just for fiber crafts if you want to check it out. I Love the sock yarn colors! I see your doing it toe up, I’ve not tried that method yet. I still use the top down on double points method but I want to try toe up, two at once on cir. this year. I’ll check back Friday to see your new yarn. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I really like your yarn color choices. I am looking forward to fiber Fridays. My DH has put me on a spending freeze.,and I do not even have that much. So I will live vicariously through others stash.

Your Swap pal From The Dishcloth Exchange