Friday, February 29, 2008

OK -- I am am fully recovered from Stitches. I would have been ready for a report sooner, but with all the yarn I brought home, a cold decided to hop a ride as well.

It was reported to be the largest Knitting Event so far and we even made Channel 5 news and the cover of the San Jose Mercury News. Knitting has hit the big time!

Well I agree it was BIG! There were over 250 vendors and the quality of yarn was better than last year – in my opinion. I don’t recall a long line last year to get in to the Marketplace on Thursday night, but there was…but we did get a sample of Tofutsie while we were waiting.

Everyone was headed one of two places: Raverly, where I got this cute t-shirt


and Blue Moon Fibers Arts. I decide to wait on Blue Moon because I really didn't want to stand in the very long line and if I didn't look right away, I wouldn't know what I had missed. Later I was able to get 3 hanks of Socks that Rock Silkie and was very happy!

This colorway is Puck's Mischief and it so soft. It's 81% superwash merino and 19% silk in their medium weight. Sorry about the photo below. This colorway, Rook-y, was hard to capture. It's from their Raven series and has wonderful highlights.

This is from Blue Moon's site, so you get an idea of the colors.


I pick up my Raverly passport and went around to the various vendors to have it “stamped”. It was a great idea, as I was able to see some great yarn and meet great vendors like Article Pract. I got this neat blocking system there and now I can block my afghan squares.

I took 3 classes: Chart Reading and Writing with JC Briar and her Get Twisted class the same afternoon. She is a great instructor and I got a lot out of her 2 classes. Then Saturday I took Lucy Neatby’s advanced sock class all day. I learned so much, but I have only been knitting 3 years,so it was a little overwhelming. She is amazing and I really enjoyed it.

I did buy more yarn -- 2 more types of sock yarn and 2 hanks for scarves that I'll tell you about them on some other Friday. I actually have been knitting some yarn as well and I am almost finished with some socks that I'll post those this weekend.

2 comments:

AmyS said...

How wonderful! Sounds like you had fun and were very smart at the same time. Enjoy all your goodies.

Anonymous said...

I would love to go to a Knitting gathering!! What are the odds of Alaska ever hosting one, you think????